My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm In Heaven!

Last night I had the pleasure of sitting down and talking with Amy & Bob, who are getting married in July. I shot Amy's brother's wedding a couple of years ago and had sat with her and her family at the reception. I always get nervous meeting new people, but I couldn't have sat with a nicer group. I was honored when Amy's mom called and said she wanted me to be there for Amy's special day as well!


In the 2 years that have passed since Amy's brother's wedding I've changed the way I approach weddings. I want to veer away from shooting formals on the altar of the church. I want my images to be hip, fun and exciting! I was nervous about what Amy and Bob would want. After all, when I shot her brother's wedding I was still trying to get everyone to look at the camera.

Imagine my reaction when they told me they didn't want formals on the altar at the church, that they'd prefer they be "fun and different", and that they want more candids than anything! It's my dream come true! Amy & Bob have given me total artistic freedom where their photograph's are concerned, and they are the just the type of couple I want to work with in the future. They've even agreed to an engagement session (my first ever) the first weekend in June. We are going to have a blast!
I have an aversion to posting without pictures, and I didn't add one to yesterday's Ugly Chair Contest so I needed to find one for today. This is from a baseball game I shot earlier this week. I enjoy the challenge of shooting sporting events. I don't have a model release, so I cropped it down to the nitty-gritty. I just love the feeling of movement in this image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to have a blast with your clients in July! Look forward to seeing the images.

As for your baseball shot... I love it! It's so simple but those lines in the image & the capture of the ball is so strong. You've cropped it brilliantly! What a cool shot to post :)