My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Waterfall











Saturday we stopped at Letchworth State Park near Rochester on the way to The Husband's rugby game. (I have to thank Shirley for telling me about it!) We ended up only having about 45 minutes (which isn't much time to take pictures, at least for me) at the park before we had to leave. Here are a few pictures of the Upper Falls. It has a trestle for trains that towers above the falls, and just as we arrived a train was crossing it...perfect timing for The Youngest. We are definitely going back next year to explore a little more and hopefully get some pictures of the other waterfalls in the park.


This picture shows how high the trestle is above the falls. There's no way you'd find me driving a train accross there!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Lisa!

Homewrecker

Lisa Walsh said...

Thanks sweetie!

Jen said...

Just gorgeous! I love the 3rd one!

Mike said...

Gorgeous waterfall shots! I wish we had something like that close by!

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

Holy crap! That train trestle is SCARY! It gives me anxiety just looking at it, haha. Those falls are beautiful, though. Letchworth is called "the Grand Canyon of the East," isn't it? My mom has been to Letchworth a few times, and I would love to visit someday. :)

Lisa Walsh said...

Yes, they do call it that, which was the deciding factor for me. There was a couple standing there when we walked up (we could hear the train's whistle so we knew it was coming) that said just before we arrived there had been people ON it and they ran off when they heard the train coming. I can't imagine what would possess someone to walk over it.

You should go, it's a great place for landscape photography!

Paula Porter said...

Lisa,
Great shots!!
I have been to Letchworth a few times, but never in the fall....SO PRETTY!!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Beautiful shots Lisa. There's just something about waterfalls and with the added fall colors around it "Outstanding".

But what about the rugby game, no pictures?

Lisa Walsh said...

Jim, I'll probably post them tomorrow. There weren't many that I really liked this time. It was the last game of the season, so I have to wait until Nov. 17th's tournament for more.

Amy Benzenhafer said...

I have to say, that I really like the interest that the trestle adds. I know some have said "too bad it's there" or "you should remove it"... But I really like it.
Great stuff here!