My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Friday, February 22, 2008

The Oldest Cooks

As a way to foster some responsibility, The Husband and I asked The Oldest if he was interested in cooking dinner for the family one night a week. He was game, so the other night he picked out a recipe, Beef Bourguignonne, wrote out his grocery list, and shopped and cooked with The Husband by his side.

Junior and I documented the occasion right up until Junior's battery died. Some Photographer I am, huh? I don't have any pictures of the finished product, but it was delicious!



I couldn't finish this blog post without adding The Youngest's transformers. These were taken last week and he's very excited for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee to make it to the blog, lol.

Meet Prime:

And Bumblebee:

3 comments:

Amy Benzenhafer said...

No pics of the final product?!?! Awww man! It looks like it was delicious!

And where did you find those transformers? I have only been able to find really really BIG ones... these would be great for my nephews upcoming 5th birthday...

Jennifer Walsh said...

Walshie good to see your young man cooking. My middle son loves to cook also. Also really great time spent with his Dad who loves to cook also.

Lisa Walsh said...

Amy, it was delicious!

The transformers came from Target...they're level 3, I think? Perfect for a 5 year old (meaning they're easier to transform than some).

Jen, isn't it great to see them doing something productive that they'll take with them when they move out? We were joking the other night that if he keeps it up he'll be cooking for his dorm mates in college!