My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Joy & Dustin

Hot Husband & I traveled to Manhattan Sunday for Joy & Dustin's E Session. I was really excited because this is the first time I'd had the chance to do one outside of my stomping grounds. Hot Husband was born in Brooklyn and went to High School not far from where we met up with Joy & Dustin, so it's nothing really new for him. I, on the other hand, had never been to the city until we met, and I relish every chance we get to visit. I could wander around for days doing nothing but people watching, lol.

Since it was on their turf, I told Joy & Dustin the location of the session was completely up to them, and they chose Central Park. We had no real plan other than walking around and stopping whenever the mood struck, and it gave me lots of time to chat and get to know them. I'm pretty sure I wore them out...we were going to hop over to Rockefeller Center for a few since Dustin used to work for NBC...but we never made it there.

The weather was hot and sticky, made worse by the fact that our first train into the city was late...causing a domino effect of subsequent missed trains and delaying our session time by an hour. Joy & Dustin were troopers, though, completely understanding mass transit woes and braving the hot sun whenever the location called for it.

We had a great time hanging out with both of you, and we hope you had as much fun as we did!

As always, here are a few of my favorites!




A happy accident.



This one is Hot Husband's creation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lisa!
little story for ya - this past weekend boyfriend took me to the city too for a late birthday present, and as we were parking the car at the 'cuse airport, he asked if i wanted the camera as a carry-on, or should he put it in his bag and check it.. the answer, of course, was that i failed to bring the camera .. so you're not the only one who walked through the museum of natural history without the camera! at least you had relatives with a digital .. we payed $17 for a disposable!

congratulations on getting married again!!

~ Coyne

Anonymous said...

Thank you both so much for Sunday. And for the ice cream! I know we were all melting, but Dustin and I enjoyed ourselves. We are looking forward to October. - joy