My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, July 21, 2008

Adam & Ariel at Cornell University

Last week I was contacted by a woman in PA who is interested in becoming a Photographer and is looking for someone to mentor her. When I asked her if she realized I was located in NY she said she did, and that she had contacted Photographer's locally who told her they weren't interested in training their competition.

That mentality always makes me sad because I firmly believe there is enough business for all of us. On Saturday I had another opportunity to shoot with Frank DiMeo, an amazing Photographer who shares that same philosophy. Frank has a reputation for paying it forward and helping other Photographer's succeed, regardless of where they're located. The knowledge you come away with when you have the opportunity to 2nd shoot with him is priceless.

It was my pleasure to meet Kris Kellogg and Julie Stone. Julie owns Julie A. Stone Salon in Ithaca, and Kris and her sisters did the makeup for Ariel and her Bridesmaids, along with Ariel and Adam's mothers.

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful the entire day was. Ariel, Adam and their families welcomed me into their special day as if they'd known me forever. Their joy was abundant, and you could feel the love all around you.

Ariel and Adam are both Cornell alumni and chose to have their ceremony at Willard Straight Hall and the reception at the Statler. Their day was meticulously planned out by Tara Reimer and everything came off without a hitch.

I want to thank Ariel and Adam for letting me be a part of their special day, and thank you to Frank for the experience and the invitation!






20 comments:

Jim, "Homer" said...

Outstanding shots Lisa, but then I didn't expect anything less from you.

Scott said...

Blog luv! Great stuff you've got going on here. Looks like a beautiful even and you captured the details wonderfully as always.

Shannon Confair said...

Beautiful Pictures Lisa! Any bride would be LUCKY to have you as their photographer.

Frank DiMeo said...

Fabulous Lisa!!!
I especially love the shot of Ariel looking up into the mirror, and the two of them dancing.

As always, it was a pleasure to have you there with me, and I look forward to the next time we work together.

Thank you so much for the shout out too. That was very nice of you and much appreciated. A lot of people helped me along the way too. I was always very thankful but they would say "I do it because I want to help. All I ask is that you help someone else." I love that philosophy and have been living by it ever since. Good photographers helping other photographers become better is great for the whole wedding industry. and I also agree that there is plenty of work to go around.

I will be sure to mention you on my blog too. I am crazy backed up right now so it won't be until I catch up on a couple of other posts, but I will definitely spread the good word about you.

Thanks again

Unknown said...

Lisa- These look great! Love the cake shot and the flower/twigs with b&g blurred in bkgd. Very creative!

Urban Actual Survival said...

Lisa!
Rockin the cake photo! What a beautiful story told through your photos. Great job.

Patrick

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Fantastic ethics, my friend. I am in love with #4! Ha! If only men knew what we went through.

Gia said...

Lisa, amazing work (as always)! You totally rocked this day for them! They will be so happy that you were there with them to preserve the memories of their special day!

I am so in love with the philosophy that both You and Frank share, I wish more were like you both!

Kelly said...

Smokin girl! You rocked it! Your blog looks SUPER!!

Kel

Ana said...

well.. what else can I say that others haven't? Increible! :) Your work is fantastic.

Denise said...

Seems a little redundant for me to say it, but, girl, you rock! Fantastic images!

Karrie said...

Awesome, i just am LOVIN on the one shot thru the flowers from the back of the church, it's my FAVE

Anonymous said...

Great work Lisa!!!
Lovely details :)

Jim, "Homer" said...

Hey there Lisa, I just wanted to add that I think it's great you've found someone like Frank. Someone who is willing to help out and mentor you eventhough you can end up being his competition. I think that is great and am so very pleased to hear there are other's out there who feel like I do and want to help.

Outstanding!

Stacey J. said...

Lovely Lisa, souns like an awesome time you had.

J. Bradley Crisman said...

Amazing as always, Lisa. That shot of the ring is ridiculously good. The color is incredible.

San Diego Photographer said...

Absolutely stunning work Lisa. Beautiful sharp photos, gorgeous saturation and fabulous DOF. My favorite is the B&W by the stairs - love it!

Hilary said...

What lovely pictures, Lisa! Great work on the details especially.

Jen said...

I always love your work Lisa, but you knocked this one out of the park!

Jodi Schlosser Photography said...

These are great Lisa!