My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, April 23, 2007

Thelma's Birthday, Louise Goes To The ER

Saturday was supposed to be a fabulous day. It was Thelma's birthday and I was going to drop off her gift on my way to meet Jill, a potential client, at the local coffee shop.

Then I noticed the red finger.

Overnight my finger had gone from just grotesquely swollen, to grotesquely swollen and red as a beet. I'm no medical expert, but I suspected I had an infection. I had to reschedule my meeting with Jill and interrupt The Husband's fishing trip in order to seek medical attention. The Youngest came along to document the event with his point and shoot camera. He had been quite the medical assistant on the day of the injury, so we thought he might like to see how the pros do it. Here is the trip as seen through the eyes of a 4 year-old.

My blood pressure was fine, even though I had to wait for over an hour to be seen.






I don't know what I'm doing in this picture...talking to the nurse maybe?






This is what I look like when I'm listening to the Nurse tell me that I need a tetanus shot, explain that the needle is small, and give me the medical reason why tetanus shot's hurt for days afterward. Seeing my face she suggests in not so many words that if I'm too much of a wimp we can skip the shot. Whatever.







Fearing for the Nurse's safety, The Husband suggests that The Youngest hold my free hand...






The examination.





After 2 hours The Husband and The Youngest are bored out of their minds. The Husband's signature self-portrait shot:








Later that evening the Walshton's finally got together to celebrate Thelma's birthday with a multi-course Tuscan feast prepared by The Husband. He's not a neat cook...

Happy Birthday Thelma!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not neat but good, I hope.

Anonymous said...

The Youngest did a fine job of storytelling!