My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Friday, April 20, 2007

A Finger And A View



It has now been 4 1/2 months since we moved in, and we have a huge list of projects that we can't start because at this point we're not completely sure that we'll ever actually own this house. We've pretty much lumped everything into 2 categories: things we can do for free, and things that have to wait.


So today I decided to dig up some random bushes that were either dying or planted in places that didn't seem to make any sense. I was about 10 minutes into my to-the-death fight with one of them when, in a freakish turn of events, I got stabbed in the finger with a stick.


Very few people know the "Finger Story"...


The Husband plays rugby on a men's league in town. Once, a few years ago, he hurt his pinkie finger during a game. After the game ended he wondered aloud if he should go to the hospital. In a moment that would go down in history I replied, "it's just a finger".


So this morning, as I gathered the kids and went inside to perform first aid, I realized there was no way I was going to get any sympathy from The Husband. In fact, this was the moment I was sure he'd been secretly waiting for for years...the moment he could get back at me for being so callous. I just knew he was going to look at me and say "it's just a finger".


You know what they say...what goes around comes around.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Revenge is sweet. What she neglected to say is the finger was going in a direction that is not nature for human fingers. She also accused me of being a "wussy". I have had nothing but sympathy for her.
The Husband

Lisa Walsh said...

Here we go...