My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Knock Knock

At 6:50 this morning, while pouring my first cup of coffee, I heard this incredibly loud banging. I was curious, but not so much that it interfered with my need for caffeine. While searching the fridge for creamer I heard it again. I looked in the other room and Murphy was just lying on the floor, not bothered at all by the sound, so I figured if he wasn't curious I'd get to it later. After all, I needed my coffee.

On the way to the spare fridge in the garage (still looking for the darn creamer) I heard it again and curiosity finally got the best of me. It sounded like something in the wood stove...pecking.

Now, we've had a Woodpecker pecking at one of our trees for the past couple of days. He'd fashioned a beautiful hole, if I do say so myself. Putting 2 and 2 together, it's dawning on my caffeine-deficient brain that he must've gotten himself stuck inside the chimney.






We had a bird in the wood stove about a month or so ago, so when I opened the wood stove I expected a woodpecker to come flying out at me. Nothing did. I could still hear the banging however, so I decided to rouse The Husband, who was ignoring all the commotion. Turns out Woody was outside after all, and didn't seem to care when I pointed a rather large lens at him and started shooting.

No comments: