My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Friday, February 1, 2008

50mm Friday


Ah, I'm so thankful to my online photographer friends for these assignments, lol! I've been watching these tulips wither up for the past few days, and yesterday I decided they were going to be my subject. Again.

I've been playing around with lighting for the past couple of weeks and today I wanted to try a technique I read about on Strobist. If you're a photographer and you haven't heard of this blog you've clearly been living under a rock. If you're not a photographer, well, you may find it about as exciting as, um, watching me learn the technique.

Anyway, the technique I'm referring to allows you to light a subject in a way that will turn even a white wall behind it black. Or vise versa. If I can master this one technique I'll never have to buy white and black paper backdrops again...muahaha....muahaha.

The tulips in this shot were sitting on top of our kitchen island, with the rest of the house in the background. I was able to get it almost completely black following the guidelines they laid out. I love learning new things!

2 comments:

Jen said...

SOOOO cool! I looked on Strobist but couldn't find the post...willing to share the technique or point me in the right direction so I can be cool like you???

Lisa Walsh said...

Thanks! Wish I could say I mastered it, but I'm going to keep trying.

Sorry for not adding the link! :)

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/06/lighting-102-12-position-distance.html