My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, March 26, 2008

If Ever A Wonderful Wiz There Was

I never used to be a gadget nerd, although I do have a brother that's one, so it may run in the family. But I've found that it's sort of a necessary part of being a photographer. I mean, not only do we have to make a million decisions when it comes to choosing cameras and lenses, but the same goes for flash heads, computers, software, tripod heads, etc., etc.

So I've gone over to the dark side. You can ask The Husband...I love it there. I couldn't function without my Treo, and I even have an electronic water bottle that keeps track of how much I drink.

With all the constant purchasing/upgrading of the aforementioned stuff, it becomes tempting to cheap out whenever the opportunity presents itself. That was how I ended up with ebay radio transmitters for triggering off camera flash.

They don't work well.

I had no other choice but to purchase the PocketWizards as soon as I saved up enough cash. I'm in the big leagues now, ladie's and gentelmen. These things work every time. I can't tell you how amazing that is when you've tried the cheap and not-so-reliable route. I've had a blast playing with them for the last 24 hours. Lighting is going to be so much fun this wedding season!

Here's some of the images from this evening:


4 comments:

Dave said...

Yep, welcome to the dark side. Or more appropriately the light side!
Dave

Kelly said...

Hey Girlie......Im here too! Just love these pics with the wizard...I've really gotta get one to fuss with -Im in the dark ages here!!

Keep up the good work! Blogging daily is hard (I do it too) but you're doing great! Ahh the therapy! LOL

Kel

Jen said...

Cool! I can't wait to see your first wedding with those puppies!

Anonymous said...

gotta get me some pocket wizards!

I know what ya mean about blogging to yourself!!!!