My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Lord Of The Ring

This year all of my couple's are having their ceremonies and receptions at venues I haven't worked at before, which is SO exciting for me. Because I don't like surprises, it's important for me to check them out beforehand. This not only keeps me from getting lost on their important day, but it allows me to check out the lighting and decor, and hopefully spurs my creativity.

This afternoon I met Theresa & Peter at the Fountainbleau Inn before heading over to Lawrence Chapel. They're getting married at the end of September, and I'm hoping the leaves will start to change prior to their wedding day. The wooded location of the chapel is amazing, and the views of the lake from the Inn are fabulous. Some fall color would be the icing on the cake.

Here's a picture of the chapel:





When I met them last year to discuss their photography needs, Theresa was waiting patiently for her engagement ring because it was being custom made. (If I remember correctly Peter designed it. Is that right?) She was wearing it today, and it's stunning! They asked if I'd mind taking a picture of it because some of her out-of-town friends hadn't seen it yet. I was more than happy to oblige. Isn't it gorgeous?


I have to give Peter some credit for these images. He puts a lot of thought into things, and after I took the first picture of the ring on the windowsill of the chapel, he asked if I'd take one of it sitting on a mossy rock. (He has no idea that I could take pictures of this ring for an hour, easy, but he will soon. Muahhaa.) As I was taking this shot I was wondering what else I could do with the ring that would be creative. I thought about slipping it over something...maybe a twig...but decided everyone was probably ready to go. Then, as we stood near our vehicles, Peter held up this:


Great minds think alike. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome ring shot on the ledge!!! I have to get a macro!!!!!
That ring is just stunning!

Stacey J. said...

The ring is just amazing. What beautiful colors!!!!

Anonymous said...

hii!
I really liked the first photo of just the ring... really beautiful :-)
regards from sweden :-)