My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, June 26, 2008

We're Going To The Maslin's And We're...Gonna Get Married...

As a wedding photographer I've shared my client's special days with you, but I don't believe I've ever shared the story of my marriage to Hot Husband.

We got married on June 27th, 2001, on the beach in Jamaica. I wore a white bikini, and Hot Husband wore a white shirt and his swimming trunks, lol. (It seemed like a good idea at the time.)(Thank God our photographer shot film and I don't have a scanner, or I'd feel obligated to post a picture, lol.)

Anyway, we'd always planned to renew our vows in front of friends and family, but we lost Hot Husband's parents within 18 months of our wedding, and for a while I don't think we wanted to do it without them there. We also couldn't make any decisions as far as planning went...we never wanted it to be a "big" thing, but I did feel that I wanted to wear a dress this time. That brought up more questions...should Hot Husband wear a tux? Should the boys? Should we have a cake? Where will this all take place? How many people do we invite? Who will take pictures?

Rather than answer all of those questions, we've kept putting it off. That is, until, we bought the Charger.

See, when we returned from Jamaica I tried to get a new driver's license, but they wouldn't accept our Jamaican marriage certificate as a form of ID. I was able to change my social security card, and with that purchase 3 houses, file tax returns, open bank accounts, etc., but my driver's license still does not say Lisa Walsh. Now the DMV is on my case and won't let me register the car in my married name. After 7 years I'm finally tired of it, so yesterday Hot Husband and I went down to the courthouse and got a home-grown, USA marriage license.

Tomorrow, on our 7 year anniversary, I will marry Hot Husband all over again. It's going to be slightly bigger than our last ceremony, but it will just be the boys and Thelma's family in attendance. Her father is a minister and will be performing the ceremony in her Mother's garden. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to wear...Thelma and I are going shopping tonight.

I don't have a photographer on such short notice, so I'm going to do the best I can. I'll be sure to post up pictures as soon as I can!

No comments: