My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Glenn




Hot Husband had a list of things he wanted to do for Father's Day, and it included sleeping in, having a yummy breakfast, going hiking/fishing/canoing, a possible nap, and a yummy dinner. So while he was sleeping in Sunday morning, The Youngest and I decided we were going to take him to Watkins Glenn State Park for a hike.

We woke him up at 8 am so we could head out (Sleeping in. Check.) and we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts along the way. (Yummy breakfast. Check.)

The Youngest hadn't been to the Glenn before, and Hot Husband and I realized we hadn't been there since before we got married, which also means I hadn't shot there before.

I didn't expect to get anything spectacular since it's always so crowded, and I don't have some tools I need for landscape shots with mixed lighting conditions, but I did the best I could and ended up with a few keepers. I can't wait to go back in the evening when I can get some silky waterfall pictures!

Hot Husband had prepped some short ribs the night before, so I threw them in the oven when we got home, whipped up some mashed potatoes and baked beans, and opened up the last bottle of beer for him. (Yummy dinner. Check.)

He never did get his nap, but all in all I think it was a great Father's Day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would've gotten the nap if the Youngest hadn't decided that I made a good trampoline. All in all, though, I can't remember a better Father's Day.
Thanks Wife.

Jen said...

That first picture ROCKS!

Jim, "Homer" said...

What an awsome place to spend father's day. Also looks like a great place for portraits, I can just see a trash the dress shot in that last picture. Very cool

Denise said...

Beautiful shots, Lisa! And it sounds like you had a wonderful day. :-)

Al Quackenbush said...

Wow, Lisa, I hadn't checked out your blog before and I see this post about the Glen! I was born and raised in Geneva, NY and made many-a-trip to the Glen for camping and hiking. Great place for Father's Day!