My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, July 7, 2008

Images From The 4th

I think if I was stranded on a deserted island and could only have one lens with me, it would be my macro. I love that I can get so close to my subject, and yet get longer focal lengths as well. All of these were taken in Watkins Glenn on the 4th. (You weren't expecting pictures of fireworks, were you? You know I like to do the unexpected!)

This little guy was hanging out on our picnic table when we got back from our hike. He volunteered to model for me, but then hopped off after only a few shots.



The Oldest had rescued this broken down guitar that morning, and I spent about 30 minutes taking pictures of it when the boys went swimming. I'm sure the nice people at the picnic table over wondered what the heck I was doing taking pictures of a guitar for a half hour, lol!



I just love using a shallow depth of field in these situations. (For those of you non-photographers, that means only a small part of the image is in focus, and the rest is blurry and kind of abstract.)



The sunset over the lake right before the fireworks.

2 comments:

Stacey J. said...

I love the grasshopper!!!!

Jennifer said...

Love the grasshopper and Guitar. Beautiful! I could see a series of the guitar shots in a coffee house.