My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Oasis






Our house has a side patio that has a view of the 1st green. The first time I saw it I knew that I would enjoy many cups of coffee in that room when the weather was nice. I imagined it would be a wonderful place to watch a thunderstorm or read a book when I wanted some well-deserved quiet time.

One of my favorite things to do is decorate the house. I love shopping for just the right pair of curtains or artwork or toilet paper holder. I strive to make the house comfortable enough for myself and all of the males that outnumber me, taking care to avoid flower-y towels and homemade doilies and such.

But my vision for the porch was so shabby-chic.

I could not pass up the pink flower-y curtains at Target, even though they were a budget-breaker. As hard as I tried I couldn't force myself to return them to the shelf where I found them. They were completely unlike anything else in our home, not to mention utterly feminine.

The Husband hated them, and the pink fuzzy body pillow I bought as well. Little did he know it was all part of my evil plan to have Uninterrupted Girl Time.

It didn't work. The next morning The Youngest came down while I was quietly savoring my morning cup o' joe. He was so excited you'd have thought I'd decorated it wall-to-wall with train memorabilia. The curtains were his favorite part. Go figure.

So this morning he asked me if he could go in the "Morning Room" with his little buddy, and I said yes, 'cuz by now I know there's no way it's ever going to be my sanctuary.

2 comments:

Stacy Cross said...

I love this post - it's so sweet! :) Those pictures of your kiddos are excellent - what beautiful eyes they have!

Anonymous said...

where are the curtains?? you need a phoot of them--I'm so curious now!! ~Nicki