My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, May 19, 2007

Why, Woody? Why?




I am convinced that we have the craziest birds in Cortland. Granted, I haven't seen the Cardinal much since the snow melted and we moved the driveway to the other side of the house. Every now and again I see him flying around, but he's ceased hanging out on the mirrors of our vehicles or admiring his beauty in my chrome bumper. It makes me kind of sad, actually.


But about the time our vain Cardinal got himself a life, Woody came to town. He made a seemingly perfect hole in one of our trees and we often see him hanging out there. However, in the past 24 hours he has again taking a strong liking to the chimney of our wood stove. Does he think it's a petrified tree? Does he think there's food inside it? Why does he keep pounding away when he already has a hole? Is he lost?


For a while, after I told you about him the first time, he would come by around 6 am, (much to The Husband's annoyance) peck for a while and then leave, maybe returning once or twice during the day. Yesterday, however, he pecked at that damn chimney all day. I'd been trying to burn a CD for Maria & Christopher and I just couldn't get it to work. After 5 hours of unsuccessful CD burning and Woody's constant knocking I thought I was going to loose my mind.


You can imagine my annoyance when, at 5:17 this morning, Woody was back for more. I managed to doze off and on for a couple of hours before I finally gave in and took his picture.
And in case you're wondering, he's still at it.

No comments: