My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Best Weekend Ever!

Thelma and I are fortunate to have married the 2 most wonderful men in New York. Seriously. Friday morning The Husband told me that Saturday Thelma and I were going to spend the night in our favorite hotel, away from child and housekeeping duties. Woo hoo!



I promptly call her up and ask her how long she's known about it, and we wonder how we are going to get through the next 31.75 hours until we can check in.

Saturday afternoon the boy's had their first rugby game against Syracuse. We started our weekend of bliss by stopping at my favorite coffee joint.



Even though my 70-200 isn't enough "reach" for sports, I love to bring it anyway. If there's no good action I can always shoot candids.


I just love this photo of my future Daughter-In-Law.





And who cares whether or not I get any good rugby shots when I have this one? I'm going to be in so much trouble when she sees this.




I love the look of concentration on Thelma's husband's face.




This image shows how my normally mild-mannered husband turns into somebody I don't recognize during a game.





Meanwhile, the kids have their own rugby game going on. You can see The Youngest didn't inherit his Father's thirst for blood, thank God.






Thelma and I couldn't help but laugh when we noticed her youngest with this wrapper stuck to the bottom of her foot.






A couple of the evening's festivities. I'd forgotten how much fun bed jumping was! The low ceiling gave it an element of danger. We decided we simply have to do some bed jumping every time we stay.






After burning all of those calories we ordered some desert!



Sunday morning we laid around and watched America's Next Top Model re-runs until checkout. We'd made appointments for hot stone massage's at some random place I picked out of the phone book. Needless to say, it was quite an experience. A word of advice for you all: never pick your Massage Therapist out of the phone book.

5 comments:

Amy Benzenhafer said...

I wanna jump on a bed!!!!

Lisa Walsh said...

The more the merrier, Amy! We were just saying we'd be able to do it more often if we had 2 more people to join us!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say....it was an experience that I will never be fully "cleansed" of!
Just a word of advice ...if any of you ladies join us, be prepared for the stories you come home with. :) Oh, and have an alias and alliby prepared.
Thelma

Anonymous said...

I wanna go sometime!!! Looks like you two had a blast. That is a HOT picture of Thelma!

Homewrecker

Jennifer Walsh said...

Oh what fun Walshie!!! I am so so so jelous of your getaway. Have your hubby call my hubby to give him some tips...lol!!!!