My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Drive By Landscapes




I consider myself to be a much better driver than passenger, especially when a long trip is underway. I usually try to occupy my time by consuming large amounts of Dunkin' Donuts coffee (in fact, many trips have been planned around the location of my favorite coffee establishment). Unfortunately, much to the dismay of my friends and loved ones, God did not bless me with a bladder capable of holding much. If I'm driving I can manage to keep my mind off of the fact that I really have to go...but as a passenger I find there's nothing else to do but sit there and think about it. Constantly. So we have to take that into account as well.


So last Saturday when we had a 3 hour drive one-way to The Husbands' rugby game (with Thelma driving) I had to come up with things to keep my mind off the potty.


I went straight to itunes and downloaded a bunch of podcasts and a couple of tv episodes. We tried to bore the kids to sleep with a British woman reading Aesop's fables and several other stories, and while they did seem to be bored, they did not sleep. We listened to "Tick Tock Turkey and the Chocolate Tree", a story about a time traveling turkey and his sidekick, Future Dog, (the adults got a kick out of that one, but the laughing wasn't good for my bladder). The Backyardigans saved the day for kids and parents alike.


On the way back home I decided to try some drive by landscape photography as a means of amusing myself. While Thelma drove at 70 mph. I had my head and thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment hanging out the window. I missed a few very interesting subjects, but these are 2 keepers from my experiment.

No comments: