My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, September 27, 2007

That's How I Roll


Congratulations Luna! I did indeed get a Dodge Nitro, and I love it! (And shame-on-you to all of you who didn't guess but tried to pry the answer out of The Husband. Cheaters.) In all honesty, it was at the bottom of "the list", way behind the H2, another Ram, the Charger and the Chrysler 300. To be perfectly truthful it only made the list (with the Caliber) because it comes with an available manual transmission...my preferred way to drive.


It just so happens on the day I went to the dealership they had my Nitro in the showroom with a clearance sticker on it. I'm always drawn to the clearance rack, so while I waited for them to give me a price for my trade and tell me how much the sweet-all-red-Ram-with-the-lights-on-top was, I wandered over and took a look.


Then I saw it had a 6 speed manual transmission. And got, like, double the gas mileage my truck was getting. And was on clearance. It was quickly moving up the list.


I had them run the numbers on both the Nitro and the sweet-all-red-Ram and then went home. It was really a no-brainer. The payment and better gas mileage for the Nitro worked for us, and I figured I'd adjust better to an SUV than a car space-wise. I won't be hauling couches around, but I might be able to fit a chair in it!


After driving it for a few days I can safely say that I'm happy with our decision. I love driving it and think I'll get used to sitting closer to The Husband. The Oldest commented that it looks like an H3, so The Husband dubbed it "the po-man's Hummer". Fitting, don't you think?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I've driven one of those. Friends of mine rented one when they went on vacation. Nice ride!!!!

Homewrecker

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Hahaha! "po-man's hummer"

Looks like you made the right choice!!!