My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, December 13, 2007

Little White Angels of Bliss



The other day I visited the blog of a Seattle based photographer, Sarah Rhoads. I've never met Sarah or even talked with her on either of the photography forums I'm a member of, but she had a post about snow in Seattle. I just had to comment when she referred to snow as "little white angels of bliss".

I left her a comment, the gist of which was that I had never referred to snow as "little white angels of bliss". Far from it. In fact I'm certain that when I've referred to snow in the past I've used way more colorful adjectives in my sentences.

However, she got me thinking about the things we take for granted, and sometimes complain about. As much as I can't stand winter, I really don't mind the snow all that much. (Can someone figure out how to make snow without all the frigid temperatures?) And if it wasn't for the snow would I really need all of my fun hats and boots? Nope! So this year I'm going to try not to be such a Hater. I started with the title of this post.

It's been snowing here since 9:30 this morning, so Junior and I went out for a minute. My original plan had been to head over to Ithaca for some snowy waterfall pictures, but I had a feeling the kids were going to have an early dismissal from school. (I was right) and I needed to be home when they arrived. SO, you get pictures of the Country Club instead. This is what we see when we look out our windows.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jim, "Homer" said...

I know exactly where your coming from Lisa.

I've gone to the snow a few times, but that's knowing I get to go home later where it's nice and warm and dry. But when I was stationed in South Dakota and had to dig my car out of the snow I also began to hate it, although when I did get to head up to the mountains (Mount Rushmore) I loved how the snow looked, especaily when I large snowflakes slowly fell.

So for me, snow is great, as long as I don't have to unbury my car.

Great shots by the way.

Anonymous said...

Lisa- haha I love it!
those little angels haven't come back recently :( you doing anything fun for the holidays?

Lisa Walsh said...

Jim, when we got home this weekend there was about a foot in the driveway. Ugh!

Sarah, that's because we have them all here. :)

Yep! We're taking the kids to the Museum of Natural History in NYC!