My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, December 10, 2007

Maria & Bob's Engagement Session


I know, I know, it's Monday. The title should say "Macro Monday", not "Maria & Bob's Engagement Session". I haven't forgotten, but The Youngest is home sick from school, school was delayed 2 hours for The Oldest because of freezing rain, and the fridge has been broken since Friday and my coffee creamer is on the verge of going bad. Something had to give!

So, like any good Mother would, I let The Youngest watch Nickelodeon all morning so I could edit some photos from Saturday's E session and try to find someone to fix the fridge.

We started out by braving the icy trail that leads to Taughannock falls.



On the way back Bob started a snowball fight with Maria.

When we arrived at the park we were greeted by two snowpeople. (I prefer to think it was a couple enjoying a nice winter afternoon). I thought about asking Bob and Maria to pose with them, but I thought they'd think I was nuts, so I decided to ask them on the way back. I figured by then they'd know I was nuts and do anything I'd asked. By the time we got back some vandals had decapitated the snowcouple. I mentioned that I'd thought about taking their picture with them and Maria confessed she'd had exactly the same idea but she didn't want me to think she was nuts! So Bob graciously fixed one of the snowpeople so we could take this picture.

Maria asked me to take a picture like this because this is how they hang at home.

Warming up inside with a glass of wine.

Last but not least, Queen Maria on her throne of ice! Thanks for the great time you two!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Thanks for the blog love girl. You've got some good stuff on here. And it looks like although your session didn't have "little white angels of bliss :)" it was pretty darn cold looking.
Cheers,
Sarah Rhoads
www.sarahrhoadsphoto.com

Anonymous said...

I thought it was cold here in the UK but looks like it's freezing where you are!

Love the shot with them by the waterfall. What a great location!

Bet you froze your fingers off when you were shooting!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I would pat y ourself on the back for the great shots.
Thelma

Jen said...

Love #1 and the waterfall shot! I am so jealous of where you live! If I have to live in the cold, I want it to look like that!