My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, January 3, 2008

Flo Runna

I don't usually do New Year's resolutions, but this year I'm dedicated to getting back in shape, so The Husband and I decided it was time for a contest. We've been putting money aside, and at the end of the designated time period the person who lost the biggest percentage of weight gets the money. I'm determined to be the biggest looser.

This morning I woke up and was itching to drive around aimlessly looking for photo opportunities, but I knew I should get my butt to the gym. My decision was made when I learned it was 2 degrees outside. I had an asthma attack just getting the snow off of my car...so off to the gym I went.

I arrived at the local fitness facility, changed into my sneakers and grabbed a treadmill. I'm following a workout routine I got online, so I have it all written down and have to follow it carefully...it's an hour's worth of speeding up, slowing down, changing the incline, running, walking, etc. Everything was going fairly well and then, about 50 minutes into it, I grabbed my towel, put it to my face to wipe off the sweat...and fell off the treadmill. Somehow I even managed to step on my own foot during the event.

I wanted to die.

On the way home I heard one of my new favorite songs by Flo Rida. In case hip hop isn't your thing, I've created a link for you. If you listen for a minutes you'll hear the line that I've changed for the sake of making you laugh. Ready? Here you go...

"...the whole gym was lookin' at her...she hit the floor (she hit the floor)....next thing you know....Lisa got lo, low, low, low, low, low, low, low...Them baggy sweatpants (yep, that's what I was wearing) and the Notre Dame hat...she kept on messin' with that freakin' iPod strap...she hit the floor (she hit the floor)...next thing you know...Lisa got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low.

Okay, now that you're done laughing, give me some encouragement!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

rough day? i feel your pain, mr hodge is "whipping my butt into shape" for the new year so i started back to that same facility last night. not fun. but i didn't fall off of anything, so i guess that was good. and i love love LOVE your song ... it's my ringback tone. maybe ill see you at the gym this weekend!

- coyne

Anonymous said...

"Get low, low, low..." Baby!!!

I'm still gonna win. Again!!!

Lisa Walsh said...

Coyne: I'd trust Hodge to get me back into shape. You're in good hands!

Husband: I got this.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!! I'll come to the gym with ya and cheer ya on. I'll be your personal cheer leader. I just won't wear the skimpy outfit. LOL!

Homewrecker

Lisa Walsh said...

Lol! I need a PCL! Skimpy outfits are not required.

Were you in The Husband's bubble today?

Anonymous said...

I was in the husband's bubble yesterday. I'm sorry if I've let you down. LOL!

Homewrecker

Anonymous said...

Hey she can come into my bubble anytime she wants.

The Husband

Lisa Walsh said...

Only as long as she doesn't live up to her name!

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Bwhahahahaha! =)

Hey - at least you have an excuse - the treadmill was MOVING!