My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Full House

This is what I saw this morning when I looked out the kitchen window:



Thank you Oldest for making me chuckle!


In house-related news we had plumbers and electricians and contractors here today. It's so funny (to me, I haven't noticed any of them laughing, to be honest) how our lazy fur ball of a dog turns into Cujo when men arrive to work on the house. He's got no memory, short or long term, so it doesn't matter how many times the plumbers have been here...they get the same snarling, barking welcome every time. They readily admitted to drawing straws to see who had to come up from the basement.


Turns out we had some pinched wires inside a wall that the electrician wanted us to take care of ASAP. I called the contractors to see when we could get that done and they were here within a couple of hours to take care of it. Here's a picture of Bob and Matt removing a built in shelf that was actually the problem.



This was the first time they'd actually used any tools during a visit since we're not on the books until February, but so far I'm really happy with them. When you have an old house it's easy to get contractors who would rather gut everything and start over than work with the existing structure. I'm adamant about saving the history and integrity of this old house and they really respect that and try to work with it. Plus they're really fun guys, and that's nice, too.

Now that the wires have been removed from the wall that's coming out, The Youngest is anxious to start demolition this weekend!

No comments: