My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Work, Work, Work!

I have been sooooo busy trying to finish some projects around here so I can show you the finished product, but I just can't seem to move fast enough! The remodeling is done, with the exception of the few projects we have left to complete ourselves...and true to my HOADD (home-owner's attention deficit disorder) I can't finish one project without moving on to another.

Which means I have a ton of projects I can't show you yet.

We've been installing fencing since Saturday. After much digging on The Husbands' part (Thelma's hubby helped out), they realized they'd measured once and dug. If you own a home or have ever watched a remodeling show, you may have heard the phrase "measure twice and cut once." Unfortunately, that meant The Husband has had to re-dig the holes every night after work.

Guess who's been cooking dinner?

Yesterday I got smart and cooked some ribs in the crock pot so I could help set the posts and take some pictures, since I figured you've been missing me. :)

Here's The Husband hanging the gate, which was the whole reason I picked this particular fence. They had lots of black fencing with boring gates, but ours had to be rounded at the top.


A shot of the old fence behind the new. The old fence was an eyesore, but I would've lived with it for a while longer if we hadn't had to cut it open to install the fireplace insert.


A peek through the hole in the old chain link.


What could be better for a 5 year-old than a pile of dirt for his trucks?

4 comments:

Amy Benzenhafer said...

What a beautiful fence! You should start offering your yard for weddings! lol

Frank DiMeo said...

That is a great looking fence!
I love that shot of the couple in the phone booth at Watkins Glenn in your header too!

Lisa Walsh said...

Thanks for the compliments on the fence you two! I like to think I have good taste, lol.

Amy, nobody wants to get married in this yard. :( We've spent so much time landscaping. While the former owner planted a beautiful perennial garden out back, the rest of the yard is mostly weeds and has been A LOT of work.

Frank, I had to laugh that you recognized the location of that phone booth! I imagine you've probably used that before? I was so excited when I saw it!

Denise said...

Love the fence! Looks like you've been working hard!