My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Faux Hawk

"Mommy, I want a Mohawk." That's what The Youngest said a few weeks ago. As a parent I've been down this road before. Most likely 7 years ago when The Oldest was 5.

Back then I was concerned about the social ramifications of a 5 year-old with a Mohawk. Would people stereotype him? Would the other kindergarten children include him when they played "duck, duck, goose?" What would his Grandparent's say?

I don't bother worrying about that stuff now that we have a second child, which is why Hot Husband & I took him to get his hair cut on Saturday. I thought it was rather ironic when the stylist said she didn't "do" Mohawks....she does "Faux Hawks."

He's none the wiser.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!

Stacey J. said...

I love it!!! It's so gnarley. (Is that a good word to use anymore :) ?? )

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...watchout...here comes the bad boy....Jenna thinks it's "funky!" (She actually said that. )
Thelma

Jim, "Homer" said...

Real cool shots Lisa, what a nice looking young man you have there, hawk and all.

Saw this on the forum but wanted to give you some blog luv.

Anonymous said...

too cute Lisa!
I love faux hawks!!

Liz said...

Great pics! Love that hairdo!

Liz