My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lisa-walsh-blog.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yum!


Even though my weight-loss challenges are done, I've still been trying to get in shape. One of my friends and personal trainers, Marissa, asked me if I wanted to join her when she works out with Ozzy, another personal trainer at the gym. With our hectic schedules we're only able to work out together on Tuesdays.

It's been 3 or 4 weeks, and it's been an eye-opening experience! I had him do my body fat percentage the first week, (it's lower than I thought) which explained why I was having such a hard time getting to my goal weight. It's really helped me re-evaluate my priorities and decide what's more important...achieving a specific weight or just plain looking good. (It's also taught me that doing jumping jacks for 2 minutes straight is rough, lol!)

Anyway, Ozzy recommended these homemade fruit parfaits to me one week when I was hungry, and I've been hooked on them ever since. They're soooo yummy and good for you! (Plus they look decadent in the huge glasses Thelma bought me last year.) :)

All you need to make one is low fat vanilla yogurt, berries of your choice (I think blueberry is my favorite), and some crunchy healthy cereal. Layer the yogurt and the berries, and sprinkle some cereal on top. (I use Kashi.) That's it, and you have a low fat, chock full of protein, sweet and crunchy meal that will fill you up for hours!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stacey J. said...

Drooling over the keys here. Yum!!!!!